VOGONS

First post, by Vintasaurus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The SB Live! came with the original Liveware, then this was upgraded to Liveware 2.0 and 2.1 and the later cards shipped with Liveware 3.0. Liveware 1 and 2 came with numerous game presets for games that did not support EAX. They removed these presets from Liveware 3.0 and that leads to my question. Liveware 3.0 is the version I like to install but I would like to install the manual presets from the earlier versions, but for the life of me, I can't locate any "preset" files and there's about 50+ game presets. Anybody have an idea on where they are located? I have all versions of the Liveware software.
OS is Win98SE in case it matters.

Vintasaurus
Newbie to Vogons but not to PC building
100+ PC builds
35+ Win98 builds 18 still active

Reply 1 of 3, by Stretch

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To the far right of the Audio Effects drop-down list in the EAX Control Panel, there is an export button. But from my recollection, the presets are not compatible between some versions.

Win 11 - Intel i7-1360p - 32 GB - Intel Iris Xe - Sound BlasterX G5

Reply 2 of 3, by Vintasaurus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Stretch! Sorry for the late reply, I will check that out and see if it works for me. I appreciate your help!

Vintasaurus
Newbie to Vogons but not to PC building
100+ PC builds
35+ Win98 builds 18 still active

Reply 3 of 3, by Stretch

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You might not need to export them one-by-one. On my SBLive installation CD, I found the game presets in the following path:

D:\Audio\Common\Cfgset\Presets\Live\2 Speaker\Play Legacy Game

The '2 Speaker folder' can be replaced with another folder that is present on the CD such as '4 Speaker', '5.1 Speaker', etc.

Win 11 - Intel i7-1360p - 32 GB - Intel Iris Xe - Sound BlasterX G5