VOGONS

What Aztech sound card to buy

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 20, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dionb wrote on 2021-07-23, 22:15:

Config hard on the MMSN84? How? I'd expect having to do one-off EEPROM config, then it just behaves as if you'd done jumpers for the same settings.
Drivers? None require any drivers (for DOS at least) or even init programs. Once config has been programmed, they just work.

I have one issue with drivers, DSS/ST work without any changes, just to choose in game/app and it works, as for WSS it needs to be choosen in app, to swap between WSS and SB (as digital sound, SB as music is default for everything if I understand correctly).

dionb wrote on 2021-07-23, 22:15:

Fortunately, most info on vintage stuff online is correct. Unfortunately, not all is correct. You seem to have bumped into such stuff regarding the NXPro.

In the site's defence. documentation on Aztech cards is hopelessly poor, particularly compared to the generally very good cards themselves. Now we know better, when that site did that comment they clearly didn't.

This one is really problematic, SB, ESS and even OPTi cards are decently documented. (I don't own any OPTi cards tho 😁).