VOGONS

First post, by Lawro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anybody perhaps know which SB16 (or SB16 bundle) might have come with the following user reference guide (not my own, linked from an eBay auction)?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274773313913?hash=it … nAAAOSwlJVghauY

I'm trying to track down the parts, as best I can, of the first custom PC we (well, my parents) owned back in the 90s in order to rebuild it.

We didn't have the manuals with the grey/white covers, but rather those with blue and yellow. We had Sound Blaster CD software - I think in floppies with yellow and blue stickers but could have been the CD.

We definitely had a Sound Blaster 16 of some description, a Creative Quad (4x) CD-ROM drive, and Creative SBS-38 speakers. I have managed to track down the SBS-38s. I had tracked down a Quad drive (surprisingly rare) but unfortunately my offer was rejected and by the time I went to make another offer it had sold.

There was a bundle called Sound Blaster Discover CD 4x (Model MK4075) that came out in, I believe, 1995, but we got our PC in 1994 so would likely have gotten them in a different bundle or as separate products, as we didn't get any of the games in the MK4075 bundle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.