VOGONS

First post, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone know the pin-out of the proprietary connector's on Titanium Fatal1ty (SB0880/SB0886) and Titanium HD (SB1270)? On the Titanium Fatal1ty it is used for the external bay, but there's nothing that can be used for the Titanium HD.

Someone tried to find the pin-out for the Titanium HD, but most of it is still unknown:
https://mrlithium.blogspot.com/2015/01/sb-x-f … jp2-pinout.html
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/finding-the- … ium-hd.1844161/

Attachments

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 1 of 6, by Wanderer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello GL1zdA!
I was searching for this years ago. All I could find back then was the location of SPDIF out pins on SB0880 (attached), hope this helps somehow.

Attachments

• 30kg095.jpg
    Filename
    30kg095.jpg
    File size
    133.78 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure about the Titanium HD, but other X-Fi's share the same connector as the Audigy 2. Just like the SB Live and Audigy 1 share the same connector and the Live Drives are interchangeable.

Here's the mapping for the X-Fi and Audigy 2.
https://pinouts.ru/Audio-Video-Hardware/sb_au … xt_pinout.shtml

Edit: Note the comment at the bottom, if it's the same connect many of those things can't be enabled without a real Live Drive. There might be a work around but I've never seen one documented for the X-Fi cards.

Reply 3 of 6, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't do anything useful with Titanium HD internal feature connector. Sure, probably can plug SPDIF, but there's regular Titanium for that.

Last edited by The Serpent Rider on 2021-10-09, 00:36. Edited 1 time in total.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 6, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SScorpio wrote on 2021-10-08, 23:26:
I'm not sure about the Titanium HD, but other X-Fi's share the same connector as the Audigy 2. Just like the SB Live and Audigy […]
Show full quote

I'm not sure about the Titanium HD, but other X-Fi's share the same connector as the Audigy 2. Just like the SB Live and Audigy 1 share the same connector and the Live Drives are interchangeable.

Here's the mapping for the X-Fi and Audigy 2.
https://pinouts.ru/Audio-Video-Hardware/sb_au … xt_pinout.shtml

Edit: Note the comment at the bottom, if it's the same connect many of those things can't be enabled without a real Live Drive. There might be a work around but I've never seen one documented for the X-Fi cards.

This is the problem. What you posted is the original X-Fi pinout (the PCI version), like the SB0480 one:

X-Fi SB0480 PCB connector.jpg
Filename
X-Fi SB0480 PCB connector.jpg
File size
339.01 KiB
Views
File comment
X-Fi SB0480 PCB connector
File license
CC-BY-4.0

These were using the "classic" I/O Drive:

X-Fi IO Panel.jpg
Filename
X-Fi IO Panel.jpg
File size
19.26 KiB
Views
File comment
X-Fi I/O Drive
File license

The X-Fi Titanium cards (the PCIe ones) used a totaly different I/O Drive:

X-Fi Titanium IO Drive.jpg
Filename
File size
94.97 KiB
Views
File comment
X-Fi Titanium I/O Drive
File license

Finally, the X-Fi Titanium HD has a connector, but it was never sold with anything, that could be attached to it.

Wanderer wrote on 2021-10-08, 21:45:

Hello GL1zdA!
I was searching for this years ago. All I could find back then was the location of SPDIF out pins on SB0880 (attached), hope this helps somehow.

The Serpent Rider wrote on 2021-10-09, 00:29:

You can't do anything useful with Titanium HD internal feature connector. Sure, probably can plug SPDIF, but there's regular Titanium for that.

What I was hoping for was a MIDI out for the Titanium 🙁

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 6 of 6, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GL1zdA wrote on 2021-10-09, 20:51:

The X-Fi Titanium cards (the PCIe ones) used a totaly different I/O Drive:

Wow, I never saw that thing before. It's pretty disappointing in its IO compared to earlier models.

If you're looking for MIDI out, your best bet is a USB MIDI Cable. They add MIDI in and out ports that are selectable in software and will work the exact same way as the MIDI ports on an older Live Drive.

The MIDI on the Live Drives actually has a problem with those mini connectors it uses. They are difficult to source, pretty much everything you'll find are AT to PS/2 keyboard adapters which are a different pin out.