Dreamblaster S2 - MT32 mode

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AirIntake wrote on 2022-02-23, 22:13:

Amazing. Thank you very much for still thinking about this! I hope Mateusz responds and it isn't a lot of work for him.

Hi,
Since Mateusz has not responded so far I grabbed the source of DosMid and commented out the CC#121 sending part. It works for me perfectly on my S2. I have attached the compiled DosMidMT.EXE and some prepared test files. Report back if this works for you or not.

Filename
GMGSMT32_S2.zip
File size
154.18 KiB
Downloads
80 downloads
File license
Public domain

Ps: If you finished testing and want to use MT32.BAT only for switching S2 into MT-32 mode then remove Dune1.mid and Monkey1.mid from the Test.m3u playlist and leave only Mt32Emul.mid in the playlist.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 22 of 22, by ludicrous_peridot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cloudschatze wrote on 2022-01-14, 20:30:
Falcosoft wrote on 2022-01-14, 08:57:

So you should try a game that is known to use only the default instruments:

I realize the list isn't of your making, but the owner really ought to remove Legend of Kyrandia, which sends an entire bank of 64 custom timbres. Most of these are indeed related to sound-effects, but that usage is pretty crucial to how the game sounds.

Not to argue with that, but since Kyrandia can be made to use Adlib sound efrects and MT-32 music, technically including the game into the list is useful, at least for some of Dreamblaster owners - e.g. I for one find it useful.

GA-G41M-Combo G41/ICH7 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 - DDR3 1033 - Radeon RX570 - YMF744 (Cobra) - X3MB (Buran)