VOGONS

First post, by pixel_workbench

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an ISA sound card, looks like an Opti 82c930 chipset with an Admos QS700 wavetable. But what's the make and model of the card? Is it any good?

On the back the FCC ID sticker says LN5ADM-CM89405.

Attachments

• Opti 82c930.jpg
    Filename
    Opti 82c930.jpg
    File size
    959.25 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My Videos | Website
P2 400 unlocked / Asus P3B-F / Voodoo3 3k / MX300 + YMF718

Reply 1 of 2, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

LN5ADM-CM89405 is the FCC ID.

LN5 belongs to Advanced MOS Technologies, (i.e. AdMOS themselves). and apparently it's their CM89405.

As for "any good" - define "good"...

It's an OPTi 930-based card (ISA PnP SBPro2 compatible chip, decent compatibility and generally trouble-free, but nothing special), with a real OPL3 YMF-262, and an AdMOS QS700 with a 1Mb (128kB) ROM and an 8Mb (1MB) ROM. The latter is most likely instrument ROM, so it's a low-end synth with a small ROM. It will sound low-end, but can do GM for you with no additional hardware needed. Build quality looks better than average for low-end OPTi-based cards, probably because this was an AdMOS showcase.

For a one-card DOS solution, you could do much worse than this. However if you already have a Roland SC-55 knocking around you're not going to be very impressed.

Reply 2 of 2, by Dorunkāku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is a Silicom Multimedia Systems Inc. WaveMaster 32FGS. The second picture shows the card with the Silicom FCC-ID.

Attachments

• blup.jpg
    Filename
    blup.jpg
    File size
    248.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • blop.jpg
    Filename
    blop.jpg