VOGONS

Reply 80 of 90, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congrats FreddyV! This is amazing work.

Is it possible to make the OPL2/3 port user definable? If you find this a odd request, the reasoning behind it is i have 2 OPL3 cards in my system but none of them is at port 388h, because my dual OPL2 PAS is at 388h. This would make this program great to test OPL ports, like Sound Blaster Base port +8 which mirrors OPL2 at 388 and even acessing OPL3 at the Sound Blaster Pro/16 at Base Port and other cards like an Adlib Gold at port 398h for instance.

I have an asm routine that you can feel free to use to take user input and convert ascii to hex, so that would save you time. It's from that Lost Vikings MPU-401 port changer i made years ago. If you want it, let me know.

Reply 81 of 90, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, does not seem to work on a ATI Stereo F/X card. The ATI Stereo F/X card DSP is usually detected as 2.01 on Creative Sound Blaster software, Mod Master XT detects it as a BlasterBoard.

Reply 82 of 90, by dysamoria

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for this! This is fantastic! I just put it on my Tandy 1000 TL/2 and I'm blown away by hearing some of my favorite MODs on this machine, through the Tandy DAC. I was used to only ever hearing Tandy 3-voice music in games, or the super low quality Deskmate Music program on this computer.

I wish there was a tracker program for this computer; I have yet to find one. I also have a Sound Blaster clone with a real Yamaha chip on it, but can't find any Adlib trackers that work on this machine.

Reply 83 of 90, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dysamoria wrote on 2023-12-07, 18:15:

Thanks for this! This is fantastic! I just put it on my Tandy 1000 TL/2 and I'm blown away by hearing some of my favorite MODs on this machine, through the Tandy DAC. I was used to only ever hearing Tandy 3-voice music in games, or the super low quality Deskmate Music program on this computer.

I wish there was a tracker program for this computer; I have yet to find one. I also have a Sound Blaster clone with a real Yamaha chip on it, but can't find any Adlib trackers that work on this machine.

Cool,

Finally one person who tested on a Tandy DAC 😀

The Tandy 3 voice music is based on really poor recorded samples, having crack in it !
It is a total waste compare with what this machine can do, Tandy did a bad job on this, really 🙁

I had to import a TL/2 from the USA for this, it cost me 600€...

There is no tracker.
One other .MOD Player exist, but it is really poor in handeling effects and support only 4 channels .MOD
This player also use a 64Kb buffer, so it pre compute 64Kb before starting the music 😀
I modified the output filter (Capacitors values) to increase the TL/2 output frequency range, and it is much better than any Sound Blaster.

Reply 88 of 90, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I really like the software 😀 the floppy issue seems to also happen on CF card. Tested two PC's, and browsing directories and files shows garbage, or does not show some folder at all. I have absolutely no file system issues outside of Mod Master so looks like there's something it really doesn't like about removable media 😀

Apart from that, it's a great piece of software that beats the crap out of most competition in terms of playback quality and fidelity (not even talking about the amazing performance!)
Hope to see more updates and particularly a fix for that directory problem as I'm a sucker for CF cards in old computers 😁

Reply 89 of 90, by sparky4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2024-02-17, 13:06:

Hi,

If you are curious how it work 😀

https://github.com/FreddyVRetro/MODMXT

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 <<<3333

wwww

Reply 90 of 90, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Boohyaka wrote on 2024-02-24, 20:11:

I really like the software 😀 the floppy issue seems to also happen on CF card. Tested two PC's, and browsing directories and files shows garbage, or does not show some folder at all. I have absolutely no file system issues outside of Mod Master so looks like there's something it really doesn't like about removable media 😀

Apart from that, it's a great piece of software that beats the crap out of most competition in terms of playback quality and fidelity (not even talking about the amazing performance!)
Hope to see more updates and particularly a fix for that directory problem as I'm a sucker for CF cards in old computers 😁

Thanks,
With the source available, if somebody want to check 😀

I also published to GitHub to be able to continue dev on it later, in a more simple way.