VOGONS

First post, by Pethun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

Help needed here, I have this issue on my retro machine. My card is a X-fi Xtreme Music, and have pops, audio drops using ONLY eax/cmss3d. The game I'm having this is Hidden and dangerous 2 (retail, not GOG version) with latest patch. I think Doom3 and other newer games didnt have the issue, but some did. Can it be game related? Besides it have some problems at the cmss3d helicopter test in the control panel of the soundcard, where the helicopter flies around you, there is also some audio cutouts at the beginning. Strange that it doest work properly even in the own application of the card.
I dont kow if this driver related, or hardware related problem. I tried the latest xp driver, then Daniel K driver, same issue. Tried swapping PSU for a new one, but no luck. I have a SB Audigy 2ZS and I think it had also similar problems.
PC specs:
Win xp sp3
Asrock ConRoe1333-D667
Intel e8400
2x 1 Gb ram
8800 GTS 320mb

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I put the Audigy 2ZS in and it works ok with the game, no pops, although after some time there were some audio drops but not significant. Still, what I find strange is the fact that the x-fi card doesnt work properly even on its own application (cmss3d test).