VOGONS

First post, by f1etch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has the "shadow" modified driver for this card's game port that works on Windows7 (32bit)?

I have checked the vogons driver library. It used to exist on the ssstjy website, but that has gone, and although the page about the driver is on the wayback machine, the driver is not.
I have all the audio working, it's only the gameport driver that doesn't work.
In the driver package I have, there's a picture of how to install the gameport driver, but the modified version of the driver isn't included 🙁

Just wondered if anyone who owns this card happens to have this driver.

Just in case anyone is wondering why I'm bothering, the card is in my Asrock 775Dual build which has 98SE, XP, and W7 working - the only missing driver is the gameport in W7.

Thanks,

F1etch

Reply 3 of 7, by f1etch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Thanks xingjz, but I am unable to get that driver to work, it always gives me a "service installation section in this inf is invalid" error, same as the other ones I have found. Anyone managed to get this one to work?

On the (now gone) ssstjy website, there was a separate download called "Game Port For SantaCruzCs4630.rar" which in the screenshot in the driver package xingjz linked shows as "Turtle Beach Santa Cruz CS4630 Game Port (Shadow)". I'm not a driver expert, but I think that is a modified inf file, which may be needed to get this to work in Windows7

Thanks and best wishes,

F1etch.

Reply 7 of 7, by Bruno128

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
f1etch wrote on 2023-03-14, 15:52:

It used to exist on the ssstjy website

Hi F1etch. I used the same card with my 775Dual build. What a coincidence.
Here it is the Santa Cruz Windows 7 driver from ssstjy.com. It includes .jpg images with installation directions in Chinese.
The only file not included in the archive is cwcdls8.cls but this one you can find in any driver package.

Attachments

• Filename
    cs4630win7.7z
    File size
    4.33 MiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File comment
    ssstjy
    File license
    Public domain

Now playing: Red Faction on 2003 Acrylic build