Rank

Hello,

I would like to setup 3x sound cards based in the following specs:

Mobo: ASUS P3B-F v1.04 Intel 440BX motherboard Slot 1 [2x ISA slot variant]

CPU: PENTIUM III 500Mhz SL37D

Graphics AGP: MEDION MSI GeFORCE4 TI 4200 128MB DDR SDRAM AGP

Graphics PCI: Voodoo 3 2000 PCI

Soundcard PCI: Yamaha YMF724-V AC-XG

Soundcard ISA: Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE64 value CT4520.

Case: InWin H500 desktop case

Current OS = Win98SE, but intend to use MS-DOS later on]

Currently both sound card have been installed, and since I like the sounds of the Yamaha I decided to set it as the default, hence had to fiddle with IRQ settings and changed IRQ, DMA etc with those of the Creative 64.

Now, regarding the 3rd sound card I am intending to use the MT-32 but emulated using the WP32 MCCAKE with a raspberry pi [www.serdashop.com/WP32-McCake].

Is there anyone with a lot of similar specs who has some info on how to set these up and running ? Would it be possible to use music from Roland-MT-32, Sound Fx from Creative AWE64 for example ? And if so, should I get some type of KVM switch with audio [3.5 jack] to output SFX and Music through the 1x set of speakers ?

Sorry to bombard you here with these questions. Am still learning and grasping ideas from various posts etc, coming from Amiga computers background here.

Attachments

• wp32.jpg
    Filename
    wp32.jpg
    File size
    607.17 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • inwin.jpg
    Filename
    inwin.jpg
    File size
    45.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Inwin with installed cards.jpg
    Filename
    Inwin with installed cards.jpg
    File size
    192.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • yamaha.png
    Filename
    yamaha.png
    File size
    272.87 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • creative.png
    Filename
    creative.png
    File size
    222 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The main issue I see is it doesn't look like either of those cards has a wavetable header. I know the AWE64 value doesn't, since I have one. The Yamaha im not as familiar with but it doesn't seem to have one either. So you aren't going to have a way to actually hook up the the WP32. You would need to have at least one card that has a wavetable header.

Reply 2 of 2, by DesktopDynamite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FinalJenemba wrote on 2023-03-20, 11:23:

The main issue I see is it doesn't look like either of those cards has a wavetable header. I know the AWE64 value doesn't, since I have one. The Yamaha im not as familiar with but it doesn't seem to have one either. So you aren't going to have a way to actually hook up the the WP32. You would need to have at least one card that has a wavetable header.

Correct,

I was replied that since I don't have wavetable header, it is better to opt for the MT-32L, which is the external version of the day WP32.

Other suggested options are to wait and preorder the orpheus or the Cm8830 card.

I will consider the previous option though, hence keeping both cards and go for the M32L