VOGONS

First post, by bmwsvsu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I'm trying to get Windows 2000 working on an HP T5630W thin client. Thus far I've gotten every single device to work except this one, and after about 3 hours of trying countless drivers, I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

SIV32L reports it as ven_1106&dev_3288. The rabbit hole of google searches eventually led me to a Microsoft KB file which installs HD audio support, which once run, the audio device in my device manager changes from "PCI Device" to "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus." I've tried every single HD audio driver on VIA's website, all to no avail. Every installer simply says that no compatible device is found on my system, and trying to install drivers manually never leads to it finding anything.

Per ParkyTowers, the device is identified under Linux as "Audio device: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237A/VT8251 HDA Controller (rev 20)"

Any tips?

Reply 1 of 3, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If there is Realtek HDA codec (something like HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_103C1720&REV_1002), you can use Realtek HDA driver. Audio part in southbridge VT8237A/VT8251 is connected to some HDA codec, which could be Realtek, VIA and so on. Drivers on VIA website are intended for VIA codecs i.e. VT17xx, 18xx.

You could try this:
https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/downloa … SUBSYS_103C1720

Reply 2 of 3, by bmwsvsu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had actually tried an older version of that driver and it didn't work, so I had abandoned the Realtek route. But now I tried an even newer version than what you linked and BINGO....I have sound!

Thanks for putting me on the right path on this one.