VOGONS

First post, by lkawa84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, can someone provide me with the drivers for the Creative Wave Blaster? The drivers that are in the VOGONS Driver Library are probably corrupt, when trying to install they display: "the program is big to fit memory" at least that's the information I found looking for something about it in another thread on VOGONS

Reply 1 of 4, by lkawa84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lkawa84 wrote on 2023-05-18, 11:24:

Hello, can someone provide me with the drivers for the Creative Wave Blaster? The drivers that are in the VOGONS Driver Library are probably corrupt, when trying to install they display: "the program is big to fit memory" at least that's the information I found looking for something about it in another thread on VOGONS

I managed to "fix" the installer if anyone is also looking for this driver for the CT1900 Wave Blaster I am posting it below, it would also be good to change it in the VOGONS Driver Library.

Attachments

• Filename
    WBLST_DISK1.7z
    File size
    372.54 KiB
    Downloads
    39 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 3 of 4, by lkawa84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Boohyaka wrote on 2023-05-18, 15:16:

Hi, it would probably be a good idea to give more details about your hardware setup, and detail what you did to "fix" the drivers?

So, the two drivers not working for me I downloaded from VOGONS Vintage Driver Library, the first one is: Creative Wave Blaster driver disk and the second came from TheMAN's SB16 and AWE Compilation CD. The driver installer from the compilation started but would not install either from the floppy disk or from the image in GOTEK drive, and the second driver kept displaying the message "the program is big to fit memory" I found information that this could be a symptom of a corrupted executable file. So I did it this way: I took the executable file from Creative Wave Blaster driver disk and from TheMAN's SB16 and AWE Compilation CD came the file marked on the screen which was missing in Creative Wave Blaster driver disk. I also changed the name from WBLST_DI.SK1 to WBLST_DISK1 after that everything installed without any problem.

Attachments

• drivers.png
    Filename
    drivers.png
    File size
    24.34 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 4 of 4, by S95Sedan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bit of a bigger download but the 1993 drivers on this one work aswell; https://archive.org/details/SB16AWE-Driver-Compilation

Those are the ones i have installed on my setup.
No idea whats changed compared to the 1994 ones. (Control panel in that is version 1.1)