VOGONS

First post, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i acquired a card with a sam9233 (cs9233) wavetable chip which i discovered is gs compatible. i have searched vogons and found various mid files (with and without sysex commands) for setting gs devices into mt-32 mode and they all appear to function correctly. the only methods i've come across which didn't work were midicom and an mt32.syx file using mdf.exe.

here's the problem: all the dos midi players i've tried unset the mt-32 mode immediately after playback, even between songs in a playlist. gsplay is the only exception when executed with the mt32 command line switch; however, mt-32 mode is unset as soon as the player exits.

i found a version of dosmid modified by falcosoft for the dreamblaster s2 which finally works after the player is closed.
Dreamblaster S2 - MT32 mode
it has something to do with the CC#121 (All Controllers Off) messages and forgetting previous Bank select messages. i can play, stop and replay with dosmidmt over and over again without mt-32 mode being unset, but as soon as i try another midi player everything is undone.

i'm using a monkey island mid to test with dosmidmt, but as soon as i start up the actual game it reverts back to a gm/gs instrument set. is there any possible workaround to prevent this reset from happening? thanks.