VOGONS

First post, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My Altec Lansing ACS300 PC speaker set the primary winding of the transformer has shorted. I tried to search based on the data sheet, but Google didn't throw up anything. The type is MAE NS225, 2 voltages come out of it, but I don't know the voltages because of the short circuit.

Do you have any ideas on how to replace it?

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_2068.jpg
    File size
    42.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_2069.jpg
    File size
    59.9 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is the voltage rating on the largest capacitors right after the diode bridge ? Is there just one or are there two (I cannot tell if the transformer has single secondary winding or center tapped one) ?

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 4, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2023-12-03, 20:35:

What is the voltage rating on the largest capacitors right after the diode bridge ? Is there just one or are there two (I cannot tell if the transformer has single secondary winding or center tapped one) ?

I ask my friend, who repair to me (i dont have skills for electtonic) , but yesterday he says at the bridge is 36v capacitors are.

Reply 3 of 4, by giantclam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My Altec Lansing ACS300 PC speaker set the primary winding of the transformer has shorted.

If as you say, you "don't have skills for electtonic", how exactly did you determine the transformer primary is shorted?

Reply 4 of 4, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My friend said, who try repair to me.
The symptom was the fuse went always from one day.
My friend take out the transformator, unstuck the other electric parts, and the fuse still went away every time.