VOGONS

First post, by Winman486

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tested this card on XP and 98 the driver will install fine but as soon as I try and run anything 3D the computer crashes or locks up hard. I was wondering if anything else could be tried to test it since the card does not artifact but at this point I am assuming it is beyond dead.

x515xx-5.png

Reply 1 of 3, by Aebtdom

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, first of all you could start sharing details with us.
System specs and what driver did you use. Share some sharp pictures of your card for example. The more info we have, the better. What does the crash look like? When does it happen?

At this point we don't have the slightest idea where to start

Builds:

Xp3000+ gf3 ti200 + vd2 SLI 12MB + 768MB + SB live @ WinXP & 98 Dualboot.

P2 350mhz + Diamond Viper V550 + 3Dfx Voodoo 2 12MB + AWE64 + 128MB SDR @ msdos / win98.

Reply 2 of 3, by Winman486

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Aebtdom wrote on 2022-03-22, 12:33:

Well, first of all you could start sharing details with us.
System specs and what driver did you use. Share some sharp pictures of your card for example. The more info we have, the better. What does the crash look like? When does it happen?

At this point we don't have the slightest idea where to start

It is a Slot A Athlon at 800mhz 128MB of ram a 30GB WD HDD with a promise Ultra 100 TX2 Controller and a SoundBlaster Live SB0060 and the motherboard is a Shuttle AI64. The computer hard locks up when launching any GPU info or 3D software in XP on driver 45.23. On 98 Half-Life Game Of The Year Edition crashes and shows either a blinking cursor or small green bars at the very top of the screen this is on driver version 6.18.

x515xx-5.png

Reply 3 of 3, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try to underclock it.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.