VOGONS

First post, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As titled says im using voodoo3 3000 agp with my matsonic socket 478 mobo.
But desktop items not sharp , tried different refresh rates but no luck. Using 1024-768 res. Is it about drivers that im using or monitor bug? Thanks for answers

Reply 1 of 6, by bloodem

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try your monitor's Auto Adjust button?

1 x PLCC-68 / 2 x PGA132 / 5 x Skt 3 / 9 x Skt 7 / 12 x SS7 / 1 x Skt 8 / 14 x Slot 1 / 5 x Slot A
5 x Skt 370 / 8 x Skt A / 2 x Skt 478 / 2 x Skt 754 / 3 x Skt 939 / 7 x LGA775 / 1 x LGA1155
Current PC: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Backup PC: Core i7 7700k

Reply 2 of 6, by sysctl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have two voodoo 3 3000 and both of them are very sharp on both CRT and LCD displays. Definitely not drivers.
Most likely it's monitor setting, maybe you can tell what monitor you're using.

Reply 3 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It could be the monitor (or a monitor setting) , it could be the VGA cable, it could be the video card.

Try a lower resolution to see if it helps and maybe a try a different VGA cable, if possible.

What is the brand and model of the monitor ?

Reply 4 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In addition to encountering every problem darry mentioned, I have also seen a bad motherboard make for a blurry display with high frequency noise passed through from failing voltage regulation.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 6 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BitWrangler wrote on 2024-04-18, 15:41:

In addition to encountering every problem darry mentioned, I have also seen a bad motherboard make for a blurry display with high frequency noise passed through from failing voltage regulation.

I don't recall witnessing that last one. Thank you for bringing it to my attention as a potential issue.