VOGONS

First post, by Proto-Schlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Everyone,

I have this ASUS V3800M-LP graphics card and can't get drivers to work for it in windows 98. I know this is basically a rebranded TNT2. Does that mean Nvidia's drivers will work for it? The Riva 128 driver package from the Vogons driver library installs but doesn't work after reboot if I try to up the screen resolution. I've also tried the ASUS specific V3000 series driver CD, but I get a "No ASUS graphics card found" error.

I don't think the card is faulty because I've actually got it working in WIN3.11

My motherboard is a SOYO SY-5EHM. Could my problem be a bios setting?

Any troubleshooting suggestions welcome. I don't have a ton of experience with AGP graphics cards. I could be missing something simple. Thanks in advance 😀

Attachments

• ASUS_V3800m.jpeg
    Filename
    ASUS_V3800m.jpeg
    File size
    1.6 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • No_ASUS_Error.png
    Filename
    No_ASUS_Error.png
    File size
    1.3 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by Proto-Schlock on 2024-04-21, 07:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Proto-Schlock wrote on 2024-04-20, 06:47:
Hi Everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi Everyone,

I have this ASUS V3800M-LP graphics card and can't get drivers to work for it in windows 98. I know this is basically a rebranded TNT2. Does that mean Nvidia's drivers will work for it? The Riva 128 driver package from the Vogons driver library installs but doesn't work after reboot if I try to up the screen resolution. I've also tried the ASUS specific V3000 series driver CD, but I get a "No ASUS graphics card found" error.

I don't think the card is faulty because I've actually got it working in WIN3.11

Any troubleshooting suggestions welcome. I don't have a ton of experience with AGP graphics cards. I could be missing something simple. Thanks in advance 😀

Have you tried this driver package - https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=93485

Reply 3 of 5, by Proto-Schlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2024-04-20, 08:10:
Proto-Schlock wrote on 2024-04-20, 06:47:
Hi Everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi Everyone,

Have you tried this driver package - https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=93485

I have not tried that driver. Is it silly to be weary of newish beta drivers? I think I remember seeing this while googling and thought it looked suspicious or was only for XP.

Reply 4 of 5, by Proto-Schlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2024-04-20, 08:16:

Just grab regular Nvidia driver and force TNT2 driver install.

I've tried installing the TNT2 driver. It installs ok but seems to be stuck in 640x480? When I try to change the resolution it hangs on reboot then gives me a display settings error.

Reply 5 of 5, by Proto-Schlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally got the card working. I downloaded "nvidia_9x_2.08.zip" from Phils Computer Lab here: https://www.philscomputerlab.com/nvidia-9x-gr … cs-drivers.html

I ran the setup file. It first installs Nvidia display control panel software and the correct TNT2 driver. Working great now!