VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lots of clicking done and know list is complete from Mobygames view there are missing:
- games which are not on Mobygames
- 50-100 games which have not on Mobygames Dos version screenshots

If there would be some volunteers, it would be nice to add some genre column (hint lots of Golf games..), im done with it, or year of publishing or some average review scores etc..

320960-savage-warriors-dos-screenshot-meanwhile-the-plot-thickens.png

Update: I added more info to first post.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 21 of 24, by Exploit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2018-10-06, 23:42:

... Games after 1995 only

System Shock was released in 1994 and does offer a SVGA mode.

ruthan wrote on 2018-11-17, 20:23:
Lots of clicking done and know list is complete from Mobygames view there are missing: - games which are not on Mobygames - 50-1 […]
Show full quote

Lots of clicking done and know list is complete from Mobygames view there are missing:
- games which are not on Mobygames
- 50-100 games which have not on Mobygames Dos version screenshots

If there would be some volunteers, it would be nice to add some genre column (hint lots of Golf games..), im done with it, or year of publishing or some average review scores etc..

320960-savage-warriors-dos-screenshot-meanwhile-the-plot-thickens.png

Update: I added more info to first post.

A column for the release date and the used VESA version (1.0, 1.2, 2.0 with LFB, 3.0) would be very helpful.

Reply 22 of 24, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you read the context of the post, it was in reference of Build's vesa capabilities, not SVGA games overall. 1995's build games all had older code predating the VESA2 implementation

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 23 of 24, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Eric The Unready doesn't use 640x480 @ 256 colors. Cut-scenes are standard VGA and gameplay is 640x480 @ 16 colors (at least the disk version, I haven't played the CD version).

Reply 24 of 24, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I will say that Links386 can play up to 1600x1200 if you have a monitor and graphic card that supports it. But it will not scale, so as you increase resolution, the window shrinks more and more. They fixed this in LinksLS. This game also plays up to 1600x1200 but in normal full screen. I actually have both of these set up on my DOS PC right now, so I can confirm this. I was also a world-ranked player of both of these games back in the day.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks