VOGONS

First post, by Munwele

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I am currently having a problem with my ZX Spectrum.
This particular monitor has an RGB connection at the back (pictured below), and I'm trying to connect the Spectrum to it using some sort of adaptor that came with the Spectrum itself (also pictured below). When I connect the Spectrum to the monitor, I get no image. What could the problem be?
The Spectrum is a 128+ Toastrack version, if it helps.

IMG_20170614_193235.jpg

IMG_20170614_193339.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The push button on the right of the rgb input, it's de-pressed right? What 1084 monitor is this?

edit:
I see now that you need 75ohm resistors in the RGB and SYNC lines , if you open your cable's DB9 shell can you see resistors inside?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 2, by Munwele

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

The push button on the right of the rgb input, it's de-pressed right? What 1084 monitor is this?

edit:
I see now that you need 75ohm resistors in the RGB and SYNC lines , if you open your cable's DB9 shell can you see resistors inside?

Thanks for your reply, the monitor is a Commodore 1084S-D2, to be exact. Below are two pictures of the insides of the DB9 connector.
I see no resistors, and one of the cables (the brown one) is not connected to the DB9 connector.
Sorry for the blurry picture.

IMG_20170614_231016.jpg

IMG_20170614_231027.jpg