VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings!

I will be putting together a K6-III+ system, hopefully on Monday. It was supposed to be today, but the post office has been having many delays and mistakes as of late (my Dark Sun - Shattered Lands complete in box arrived at the distribution center the other day and the y mailed it BACK to the previous center and they hand to send it BACK and then to me, adding days!) The world is getting worse, I dare say.

Anyhow, my Voodoo5 is in a Pentium III 700 system, and I have an Athlon XP system. I am trying to combine retro projects and conserve space. The K6+ system will allow me to properly slow down the system to 386 and up, and then moslo deluxe and a plethora of other slow down apps I downloaded last week or so will allow me to play 286 and lower games. The Voodoo5 is already overkill for the Pentium III, and games that will run too slow on the K6-III can be played on the Athlon XP system with an ATI AIW X800 XT (and can use Glide wrappers for Deus Ex and what not.) If I put the P-III in storage, I would like to pull the Voodoo5 (and slap my V1 and V2 in there with it to cover everything Glide,) and use it in the K6-III+. It will be overkill, even more so than in the P3, but there will be no graphics bottlenecks and I'll have FSAA, DVD playback, etc. However, the issue is Windows 3.11...

I know that I can patch the SVGA driver and that is what I will do. I will probably not use resolutions above 640x480. Has anyone tried using the SVGA patch with a Voodoo5? If so, how was it? I wish I could slap a second video card in the system because I have a Diamond Viper PCI (Weitek P9000) which sucks in DOS but is basically made for Windows 3.x, because that would solve everything.

Any info on a V5 in Win 3.11 with the SVGA patch will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!
Scythifuge