VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am hoping this will work but wanted to make sure. I just acquired two Voodoo 2 cards off Ebay but just noticed that one is a Rev. B and the other a Rev E. Is this going to give me issues when using them in SLI?

Reply 1 of 7, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What make are they?

Pretty sure you can pair just about any two cards with FastVoodoo drivers; different revisions are the smallest of any such potential issues.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 2 of 7, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
firage wrote:

What make are they?

Pretty sure you can pair just about any two cards with FastVoodoo drivers; different revisions are the smallest of any such potential issues.

Yea it should work with reference drivers, but if you do have issues, FastVoodoo drivers will sort it out 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 7, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm using a straight 3DFX 12mb alongside a Diamond 12MB. They work flawlessly in SLi with modded drivers.
I doubt the revisions will matter at all. As long as the memory matches, you should be good.

Reply 5 of 7, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SRQ wrote:

As long as the memory matches, you should be good.

Some time ago I had 2 Voodoos from STB with mismatched memory (90 and 100mhz) and they worked fine in SLI with official drivers.

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 6 of 7, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Munx wrote:
SRQ wrote:

As long as the memory matches, you should be good.

Some time ago I had 2 Voodoos from STB with mismatched memory (90 and 100mhz) and they worked fine in SLI with official drivers.

The different memory configurations are 8MB on two sides, 12MB on two sides and 12MB on one side. The rating or even the memory manufacturer should only matter for overclocking.

Besides those differences there are differing board layouts, smaller components, and varying revisions of TMU chip, too. Not sure if any of that makes a difference (for reference drivers). There's certainly no manufacturer specific BIOS or such with these things.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 7 of 7, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I have my two Diamond 12mbs installed (Rev E and Rev B) with the Diamond Voodoo 2 driver installed. Everything seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. Are there any good test programs or anything that I can run to be for sure that everything is setup and working correctly though?