VOGONS

First post, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anybody know where I can find an older (2003ish) version of the drivers for the mobility 9200. Standard catalyst drivers don't detect the card and the last Win ME Drivers on AMDs site crash the machine when any program invokes the pixel shaders.

It seems like most of the Catalyst Mobility Drivers are lost to time and the fact the 9200 isn't common doesn't help.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1 of 2, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IIRC from prior experience getting Windows ME to work on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Mobilty Radeon 9000, you had to extract the catalyst driver pack and then install your video driver manually through the display properties control panel.

ATi Radeon 7500:

Unpack WME 8.03 catalyst driver. To install display driver, open display properties in device manager, update driver, specify location, select driver from list, have disk, go to 9x INF folder in the unpacked WME 8.03 installer and finally pick either of the three RADEON 7500 SERIES entries from the giant driver list (scroll way down). If using Windows ME, you have to allow the uncertified driver to install, pick advanced option when offered and turn off the auto rejection. Install ATI Control Panel from the unpacked installer to finish.

In this case you would select a Radeon 9200 from the driver list.

Catalyst drivers can be found on either oldapps.com or oldversion.com, I used Catalyst 3.1 on my setup.

Remember to install DirectX 8.1 or newer first!

Reply 2 of 2, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KCompRoom2000 wrote:
IIRC from prior experience getting Windows ME to work on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Mobilty Radeon 9000, you had to extract the […]
Show full quote

IIRC from prior experience getting Windows ME to work on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Mobilty Radeon 9000, you had to extract the catalyst driver pack and then install your video driver manually through the display properties control panel.

ATi Radeon 7500:

Unpack WME 8.03 catalyst driver. To install display driver, open display properties in device manager, update driver, specify location, select driver from list, have disk, go to 9x INF folder in the unpacked WME 8.03 installer and finally pick either of the three RADEON 7500 SERIES entries from the giant driver list (scroll way down). If using Windows ME, you have to allow the uncertified driver to install, pick advanced option when offered and turn off the auto rejection. Install ATI Control Panel from the unpacked installer to finish.

In this case you would select a Radeon 9200 from the driver list.

Catalyst drivers can be found on either oldapps.com or oldversion.com, I used Catalyst 3.1 on my setup.

Remember to install DirectX 8.1 or newer first!

Fucking genius.

The 9200 is a 10MHz OC'd 9000 which is identical to the desktop 9000 so I just loaded it's driver. The pixel shaders work now and the performance jumped up 20ish percent even with the shaders on over them off on the 6.2 drivers.

Thanks for the help.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction