VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I KNOW, I know, you get what you pay for. But considering how many of these are flooding Ebazon etc. there must be ONE out there does a reasonable job...right?

I'd like to connect VGA-only sources (like my 386 or Rendition Verite) to my Oculus Rift DK1, so I have some specific requirements. (It does NOT accept analog DVI-A over the DVI port before anyone mentions that!)

The Rift is a 1280x800 display so I'd like something that scales 320/640x modes up to that relatively cleanly (I can live with 1280x720) and does NOT put an overscan area on the HDMI signal. It absolutely needs to handle EGA 640x350 mode; I don't reeeeally care if it scales it to 1280x700 or 720/800 but even-pixel would be nice. I also realize I'm never gonna get a "perfect" 70->60Hz conversion but that's fine.

I really, really don't want something that force-scales everything to 1920x1080. The best would be something with a few configurable output options.

Any of you guys tried these? Any recommendations?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!