VOGONS

First post, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello
What was RBE=Radeon BIOS Editor ?
- How to use it on Sapphire HD3650 to raise the ATI Vision: Overdrive's maximum Mhz Core|Ram values ?
- Is it "amateur easy" to use ?
- I need max.core=800 ( Now 750 ).

Reply 1 of 3, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just download ATI Tray Tools and overclock with that. I used that on my HD3850 AGP and never even used to install
Catalyst control center, just the driver.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/319-ati-tray-tools.html

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 2 of 3, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Imperious wrote:

Just download ATI Tray Tools and overclock with that. I used that on my HD3850 AGP and never even used to install
Catalyst control center, just the driver.

He cannot use ATI Tray Tools to overclock to 800MHz when the maximum allowed by the BIOS is currently 750MHz. He has to edit the BIOS of the card and reflash it to be able to do 800 MHz.

- What was RBE=Radeon BIOS Editor ? - A BIOS Editor for a specific range of ATI cards. I think up to 7xxx series. For the 7xxx series there was VBE7.
- How to use it on Sapphire HD3650 to raise the ATI Vision: Overdrive's maximum Mhz Core|Ram values ?
https://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/ The 4rd picture 'Increase overdrive limit'. Read the warnings.
- Is it "amateur easy" to use ? - Yes, but you can easily brick your card if you are not careful.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 3 of 3, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AMD Vision software = Catalyst control center ?
-> How to set antialiasing and anistropic filtering without it ?

Do any of these work when the above control center is installed ?
( In synergy=working together compatibility ? ) and without modifying the BIOS or such ?
- ATI Tray Tools
- ATI Tool
- Rivatuner
- EVGA Precision XOC
Or is the RBE=Radeon BIOS Editor only change ?

AMD Vision software Overdrive
limits are Core=<750 | Ram<500 Mhz
Trying to reach stable max. about Core=<800 and I'm happy with it. ( Ram=500 Mhz is OK )

Sapphire radeon HD3650 AGP 512mb DDR2 (=with after market cooler and heatsinks )
People say Core=800 | Ram=600 are max. for this card ?
Stock setting are= 725 | 400.

I'm now running at 750 | 500

Temperature is 35*C at maximum usage 100%. ( On the original stock cooler it was 55*C )
- Noctua 92mm fan on a K101F cooler and NT-H1 paste.