l33t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iHV0NvLPI

Reply 1 of 12, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hahaha define real?

He ordered a giant aluminum plate to make that board and mocked up a faux windows 2000 running on windows 10 for the show. I believe he also cranked up a huge fan behind the camera when he powered on the PC for added drama.

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 2 of 12, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Trust me friend, it's very real. In fact, it's so real, you don't even KNOW how real it is!

Yes, it's a joke.

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 5 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote:

Boards with multiple AGP slots actually exist. I think they're used for some virtualisation purpose.

Photos and model numbers, please.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 12, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stiletto wrote:
Errius wrote:

Boards with multiple AGP slots actually exist. I think they're used for some virtualisation purpose.

Photos and model numbers, please.

I don't believe multiple AGP slots were possible until specification 3.0 somewhere around 2002. I've never seen or heard of a board with multiple slots, but if they did I would guess they had to exist during last couple years before PCI-E came around.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp30.pdf

Reply 7 of 12, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think it was on this forum that I heard about them. I might be misremembering though.

ETA: Misprint?

Multiple AGP slots are important if your system requires high-performance video and multiple monitors.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 8 of 12, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well multiple AGP slots is clearly written in that spec agp30.pdf I linked above. It was definitely at least "fathomed". I've been searching around google and turned up nothing. Not even a leaked prototype.

That said I didn't find (off topic) this board in my searches, and I would really like to have it: http://www.asrock.com/mb/VIA/4CoreDual-SATA2%20R2.0/

Reply 9 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Errius wrote:

I think it was on this forum that I heard about them. I might be misremembering though.

ETA: Misprint?

Multiple AGP slots are important if your system requires high-performance video and multiple monitors.

Basically from here to my last post in that thread is all the evidence I've ever seen: Re: Best Slot 1 Motherboard?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 10 of 12, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think when you look at the screen when he turns it on and see AWARD MOTHERF^&*ERBOARD at the bottom right you know its a joke. Let alone a card that would not fit into any case then or now.

Besides there were never any 4 slot AGP boards. You would have a primary AGP card that interfaced to the motherboard and multiple PCI cards that interfaced with the AGP card using cables (SLI) and only needing the PCI slot for power and support.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 11 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Intel486dx33 wrote:

Still looking for a boxed version 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 12 of 12, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BeginnerGuy wrote:

Well multiple AGP slots is clearly written in that spec agp30.pdf I linked above. It was definitely at least "fathomed". I've been searching around google and turned up nothing. Not even a leaked prototype.

That said I didn't find (off topic) this board in my searches, and I would really like to have it: http://www.asrock.com/mb/VIA/4CoreDual-SATA2%20R2.0/

🤣 at that board. I'd love to have a Q6600 with DDR RAM and an AGP graphics card 🤣 🤣