VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a GA-6BXC Rev 1.9 motherboard that only has a 1x 2x AGP keyed slot but can I use a GA-622-32C video card that has an Nvidia Riva TNT2 64 main chip with a 1x2x and 4x keyed AGP slot so im thinking it can use either 3.3v or 1.5v but...... from an earlier post I did that is similar to this one, I now have in my possession a version 2 motherboard of the same GA-6BXC and it has a jumper to allow the power supply to supply voltage to the AGP card instead of the AGP regulator and member infiniteclouds found for me:

"On our old version M/Bs, for example GA-6BXE PCB 1.9, we used LVD regulator to generate 3.3V power for AGP card. Because Voodoo3 card drains too much power from 3.3V, the LVD regulator can't stand too much current and offer enough current to Voodoo3. On GA-6BXE PCB 2.0, we implement JP18 and JP19 connectors which directly connect the 3.3V from power-supply to AGP device. At beginning, the system uses 3.3V power from LVD regulator. When the regulator can't offer enough current for AGP card, the power-supply will provide the 3.3V power to AGP card immediately."

what is your suggestion/opinion could I use the Nvidia card in the 1.9 motherboard and hope it doesn't cause any damage or install the Nvidia card in the version 2 motherboard and enable the jumper so it gets power from the power supply?

Reply 1 of 1, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found info about AGP 2.0 that AGP 2.0 cards use 1.5v but my card has the keys for 2x and 4x so what voltage would my Nvidia Riva TNT2 64 be using? And what voltage would it use when there is no 4x key on the motherboard?