VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Im posting this out here to find help from members who can do some re-work on broken tracks of a GPU on a AGP Voodoo Banshee card I have, Im hoping someone has the equipment and skill for this job and I will post it to you and I will pay for postage back. In return I can pay a little or I can send you a 386 motherboard and CPU or a 486 motherboard with a 486DX2 66 CPU or some other hardware I have or we can discuss in privet what you want in return. Im in Australia and if you have info of a member here I would like to hear from them or does someone from Australia know a business that I can send it to for the re-work?

Voodoo%20Damage_zps12lbcbqp.jpg

Reply 1 of 1, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Moral of the story dont use a screwdriver or any other tool to pop the heatsink off a gpu with the tool in contact with the gpu package. When popping the heatsink this way find a blank space on the pcb of the card and work it slowly. Doing this while the heatsink is very cold works better as the thermal epoxy will pop while working thermal adhesive pads you want the heatsink warm or even hot as the glue will be softer.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.