VOGONS

First post, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have always liked the Omega Drivers due to all the performance tweaks and extra features but unfortunately there were any only up to Radeon 9xxx cards. So one day I thought maybe I should try to incorporate the stuff from the final Omega Drivers into Catalyst 6.2 and TiidOmega was born 🤣.

I went through the INF files in the Omega drivers and copied various extra things over into the Catalyst 6.2 INFs. I have no clue if any of the enhancements work at all and if there's any performance difference, nor do I know what they actually do. I don't really play games anymore so there haven't been any sort of real testing as far as 3D stuff goes.

Main thing for me are support for various resolutions such as 1680x1050 and 1400x1050 (they will show up as 1048 rather than 1050 due to some bug in the driver) that stock drivers do not support without manually adding them via PowerStrip. I added several other resolutions too but I don't know if they alll work as I cannot test the highest resolutions.

I have also added ATI Xpress200 chipset GPU IDs to these drivers and have successfully used them on HP NX6125 laptop.

To install you have to manually supply the INF file during hardware installation. CPanel needs to be installed separately after the fact. You will probably need DirectX9.0c installed before everything also. Stuff like KernelEx seems not to get in the way.

http://www.tmeeco.eu/9X4EVER/GOODIES/TiidOmega/TiidOmega.rar (13.9MB)

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks! Will have to try these out when I get a chance. I bookmarked the thread so I don't lose it.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by Scanline City

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"To install you have to manually supply the INF file during hardware installation"

Could you elaborate on this perhaps? I'm trying to install but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to place your files/overwrite into the 6.2 extracted drivers or what.

I'm on the verge of an awesome build but you are my only hope with these drivers! Trying to use these with X850XT and still enable widescreen on FW900 CRT monitor which is not possible with regular 6.2 drivers

Reply 3 of 3, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You go to device manager, find the video card from the list, find "update driver" and navigate to the INF files in the driver folder (it doesn't really matter wherever you put it), hardware gets installed and on next restart it should work. The stardard driver installation method when no dedicated installer is available.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜