VOGONS

First post, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everybody,
I've just managed to properly replace one electrolytic SMD capacitor on a once faulty Voodoo 1.
I came across this card on a local flea market, on a bin where they throw things that don't work so you can take components.
To my surprise, it was in very good condition, no scratches at all, since was inside a sort of protective sponge, except for 1 cap that was loose (that i managed to replace).
I only have a system with Socket A (Duron 700), 192 Mb ram, windows Xp.
I connected the pass-through cable as it should and picture came on the screen, and the Pc booted into windows successfully.
I also found and installed the "ice.man" drivers for the Voodoo1 on windows XP. However the card doesn't show up on the "graphic cards" section, but rather on the "audo video and games" section.
The main graphics card i used was an Ati Rage 128 (i only have this and 4 other cards at hand: Geforce2 Pro, Voodoo 3 3000, S3 Virge/Dx, and a Trident 9750).

Now I wanted to know if the card is working properly, how do i test it?
What benchmark or games work on windows XP and use the 3D of the Voodoo, not the 3D of the main graphics card.
Thanks. 😊

Reply 1 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, the Voodoo 1 can do 3D graphics only. It's an 3D accelerator card..
If you need some drivers, check falconfly or its mirrors.

For testing, you can give Final Reality benchmark a try.
It works fine, even though it's a D3D 5 benchmarkt only (no special Glide support).

That being said, I only did a few tests on Windows 9x so far.
I can't remember having tried the card on XP, afaik.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 4 of 4, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, i'm going to ask some of my friends if i can they can help me test it better, or find a Win98 era system and test it myself. For now the project is on hold. Thank you everybody for taking your time and helping me, very appreciated!