VOGONS

First post, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the Diamond S3 Savage 2000 and Matrox g200 ( no sure if is a OEM from Hp or Compaq, dont have heatsink)
For Savage 200o drivers which one is the "less" bronken? Using the lastest one from Diamond is Ok?
The G200 has issues with opengl?
My rig is a PIII 550 + BX chipset.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 1 of 2, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The G200 OpenGL issues can be resolved by extracting G200 OpenGL ICD from the G400 driver package. Overwrite the ICD in the Windows folder with that.

No experience with the Savage 2000 drivers. I would think the latest = the greatest, as long as hardware T&L is disabled. Hardware T&L was mostly responsible for issues with that card next to shoddy drivers.

YouTube

Reply 2 of 2, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Rawit wrote:

The G200 OpenGL issues can be resolved by extracting G200 OpenGL ICD from the G400 driver package. Overwrite the ICD in the Windows folder with that.

No experience with the Savage 2000 drivers. I would think the latest = the greatest, as long as hardware T&L is disabled. Hardware T&L was mostly responsible for issues with that card next to shoddy drivers.

Tnhanks.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.