Oldbie

BLACKJACK.jpg
BLACKJACK_1.jpg

Reply 2 of 5, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

He thinks its a prototype of apple II video card, that probably nobody that uses these forums would care about. Hes been making these posts a lot we already found out the awe64 gold prototype he posted was fake.

Reply 3 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems it is a prototype of Apple 630-4179 Video Board Sun Type 13W3 interface, an "Apple Workstation Video card".
s-l1600.jpg

From elsewhere:

"Blackjack" is likely a code name. The only thing unusual is the DB plus coax connector instead of the then-standard Apple DB-15 […]
Show full quote

"Blackjack" is likely a code name.
The only thing unusual is the DB plus coax connector instead of the then-standard Apple DB-15.
The TFB chip is just a dumb frame buffer, there's no processor. It's the card Toby Farrand did after the original TFB.
I'd have to look at the part number of the Brooktree DAC to see if it was 1 or 3 channels. likely 4bpp. 16 color RAMDAC indeed.
Likely high res/portrait card. They only used the 3 coax connector on a couple of monitors. Up to 1600x1200. Palette is RGB444.
16 64x4 RAMs, so 512 KiB of frame buffer, which will fit 1600x1200 at 1bpp.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 4 of 5, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are very few engineering sample of Apple board. I have only collected four of them in 20 years. These engineering sample have a code, and those with code should be prototype.

1.NET card: RINGER
RINGER.jpg
RINGER_1.jpg
RINGER_5.jpg