VOGONS

First post, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are there any?

I mean those chipset-specific modes for register-level compatibility with CGA and/or Hercules.
Common in ISA cards, but I haven't seen any PCI card with such a feature.

I think there's a hope with ATI Mach32, as the ISA variant does support that - anybody has a PCI one and can try it?
Anything else?

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść no moja górę, lecz i w tym, ze ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 1 of 2, by brownk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a pci mach32 & have tested it with atiutil that changes graphics mode from vga to hgc. Everything works like my old vlb version of mach32.

If that's suffcient, then it might be safe to say there exists a pci card with cga compatibility.

Reply 2 of 2, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, thanks!
Note to self to grab a PCI Mach32 sometime - while it isn't very advanced by PCI standards, the CGA/HGC compatibility option may come in handy.

Meanwhile, I've been testing various PCI cards, and browsing through datasheets - and haven't found anything else...

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść no moja górę, lecz i w tym, ze ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.