VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Skanque wrote on 2020-05-05, 12:03:

How do I run the memory test without going into windows ?

Easy: You download the archive and unpack it. Inside there's a folder named "VMTCE". This folder contains a .iso file that you burn to CD. You insert the CD into your PC and boot from it. Your PC starts Video Memory Test Clean Environment and you can customise the test or just let it run the continuous standard test. Leave the test running for a couple of passes.👍

Reply 21 of 22, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Btw. I don't think I've ever seen a cap factory installed on a motherboard at such an angle.
The leg will come undone from the cap (not the motherboard) when pushed too hard from the side. It still sticks in there a bit but the cap is usually damaged. If you can bend the capacitor back into a completely upright position without using much force this is very likely the case with this cap.

Reply 22 of 22, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-05-05, 16:30:
Skanque wrote on 2020-05-05, 12:03:

How do I run the memory test without going into windows ?

Easy: You download the archive and unpack it. Inside there's a folder named "VMTCE". This folder contains a .iso file that you burn to CD. You insert the CD into your PC and boot from it. Your PC starts Video Memory Test Clean Environment and you can customise the test or just let it run the continuous standard test. Leave the test running for a couple of passes.👍

Very nice! That's awesome, glad to have this test now.

Unfortunaly the card has massive memory errors.. so much for getting excited about trying the SGRAM version of Geforce256.

IMG-0044.jpg

Letting the test run.. seeing if I can hit 100k errors... sigh..

Doornkaat wrote on 2020-05-05, 16:38:

Btw. I don't think I've ever seen a cap factory installed on a motherboard at such an angle.
The leg will come undone from the cap (not the motherboard) when pushed too hard from the side. It still sticks in there a bit but the cap is usually damaged. If you can bend the capacitor back into a completely upright position without using much force this is very likely the case with this cap.

The Cap can't be moved, unless I want to brake it for sure. I think its solid, don't know why its at that angle, maybe been recapped before?

Thank you all for the inputs and help too troubleshoot my card. This is an awesome community with so much knowledge !