VOGONS

First post, by crazyzed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this Dell Dimension P90t with built-in S3 Trio64V+ 1MB graphics. The motherboard is built on the Intel Advanced∕EV, and according to the intel documentation the graphics memory can be upgraded to 2MB with ”two 256K x 16, 60 ns SOJ DRAM” modules.

I think I have located the built-in 1MB and it is two ”HY514260B JC-60” modules.
So I’m searching ebay but don’t quite know what is compatible. I have found ”KM416C256DJ-60” that seems quite similar to me, but I don’t really know what to look for.

And what is the right way to insert a module, or does it only fit one way? What would happen if I insert it the wrong way?

Reply 1 of 3, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That chip should work fine. You must line up pin1 of socket and chip, if not you'll burn out the chip and probably damage the card also. Chip fits both ways so care is necessary.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 3, by crazyzed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. Just ordered the modules 😀

Are there usually markings on both chip and socket for pin1 ? Or is that something you would have to look up in the technical documentation?
I’ve been trying to google a good example picture but haven’t found any just yet.