VOGONS

First post, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a PixelView Voodoo II-T 12MB and I am unable to install official or FastVoodoo Win9x drivers for this card on a Dell XPS D333. The drivers complain about there not being a suitable hardware on the system. The Voodoo 2 card is known working, and I used it as part of a mismatched SLI system in the past. It is detected on the PCI bus as Vendor 121A and Device 0000. As far as I know this should appear as Device 0002 and that is where the issue arises from. Any ideas why this card would have a wrong Device ID or would be detected as having a wrong Device ID? It is plugged into the PCI slot right below the AGP slot.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1 of 4, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I resolved the issue by moving the Voodoo 2 card to PCI 4 (effectively switching place with the 3Com NIC). Just leaving this here in case someone in the future has a similar issue. My Dell XPS D333 system is now fully configured, up and running.

Reply 3 of 4, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-19, 01:34:

Interesting issue was it some sort of hardware conflict?

I am not sure. I suppose some PCI slots share resources among themselves or with the AGP port and the BIOS makes some weird mistake?
When I moved it to PCI2 I got a lot od Resource conflict errors at POST. It works happily at PCI4 though. Go figure..