VOGONS

Reply 220 of 239, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I’ve got ahold of a 3D Blaster PCI model 6240 and can’t seem to get the HiOctane pci patch to work. I’ve downloaded the vlb version to be sure and added the files as directed in the readme. The software version loads no problem but the hioctane.bat crashes after escaping the intro video.

Attachments

Reply 221 of 239, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do you have sound card in your system? If I remember correctly, for Hi-Octane you need a sound card.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 223 of 239, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just not having any luck, tried it in a 2nd machine with same results. No IRQ conflicts and the card works fine with vQuake. I’ve tried directly in dos both extended and expanded memory with sound configured and not. Is there a specific bios version I need? Appreciate the ideas/suggestions!

Reply 225 of 239, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There does not need to be any appearant IRQ conflicts. PCI IRQ sharing will not give you any warnings in Windows or any other issues except in some CGL games (Flight Unlimited is the other game I know about). vQuake is running on Speedy3D. Best way to see if IRQ sharing is going on is the overview screen right after the boot screen. In my case Video Display Adapter and another service had shared IRQ 14

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 226 of 239, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great point, neither of the two machines I’m testing with show this info at boot. I have checked within windows for conflicts and tried several other IRQ’s with the same result. What’s interesting is if I use another Verite card it has the same behavior, like the Creative card isn’t detected or I’ve done something wrong with the files. Using a Vibra 16 for sound.

Reply 228 of 239, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's been a very long time and I might be mistaken if it's required or not, but have you included the VRITC170.CGL file in the directory? I don't think it's part of the patch zip. I believe you can copy it from Screamer2 patch.

Reply 230 of 239, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For 3D Blaster PCI, all CGL games and demos require a CGL driver file. With 1.70 beta 7 set you can play all of them:
https://gona.mactar.hu/3D/CGL/

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 232 of 239, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
furan wrote on 2023-11-16, 00:07:

Does anyone know if there are high resolution photos of the CT6200’s memory upgrade module? I’ve been looking but I can’t find anything.

No, does not exist. Been looking for it for a decade now.

Reply 236 of 239, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It would ofc really help with a high-res picture of the memory module, but that seems very unlikely to surface at this point. Another venture I think nobody have tried is to get the drawings from Creative, but even that is very slim to no chance.

From your pinout and with regards to how other memory expansion daugherboards function they are not that complicated so I really hope someone with the know-how could reverse-engineer it.

If I can be of any assistance as a card-owner, let me know.

Reply 237 of 239, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interest topic, but it seems to me that the key to solution for non-creative V1000 videocards CGL compatibility is not hidden in changing/modifying videocard's BIOS.

Here I found this: "CGL compatibility seems to be question of single library, but executables for 3D Blaster are checking for Creative brand".

Аs far as I understood while reading this thread, some users here have already checked the CGL-libraries for the checks if V1000 belongs to Creative's products and there are none. So, what if this checks really are in the CGL compatible executables and simple hex-patching will be able to neutralize them?

Well, this is just my guess and unfortunately I only have a V2200 videocard, which I can't use to do such an experiments.

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 238 of 239, by RaVeN-05

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well i saw that there is no one can find CL-GD5462 ?
There is two on ebay for sale , one broken, one working.
Appian Graphics Jeronimo J2/N PCI - GD5462 - Vintage Graphics Card - Faulty
Appian Graphics Jeronimo J2 - PCI - 8044 Rev D - GD5462 - Vintage Graphics Card

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitemagicraven
https://go.twitch.tv/whitemagicraventv

Reply 239 of 239, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have got a CL-GD5462, a Creative one like this:
http://www.yjfy.com/images/oldhard/video/CT6320_2M.jpg
but CGL driver cannot accept the card, likely because it has not 00D2 but 00D0 device ID.