VOGONS

S3 Vision 968 VLB replica

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 66, by Madao

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Someone ask me after driver for Win3.1 and this card..

It is a generic 968 driver..

Attachments

• Filename
    WIN31_vision96815B4.ZIP
    File size
    523.77 KiB
    Downloads
    58 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 62 of 66, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-09-21, 22:25:

I am one person who has the STB card. How zoomed in do you want the pics? I can also take some backlit pics if that would help with seeing the traces inside the board.

I'll put the pictures on my Google Drive so you can get the full resolution pictures instead of the crap compressed pictures.

Hey!

I also have this card, though all the DRAM chips are SMD soldered onto the board while yours has a couple of sockets.

Would be great to see a functioning Virge VLB card!

Cheers

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 64 of 66, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fantastic!
You didnt include your modified symbols, but Kicad is able to recover them from cache somehow so its all good.
Immediately reposting in List of open-source PC hardware projects

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 66 of 66, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice project, I found it today after may years when someone else put it in retroHW list thread...
I'd also like to boost my VLB platform as I have only some 1MB Cirrus and Trio32. But Vision 968 is not easy to get. I have at least one PCI card with it but I'm not going to canibalize it. I would rather build Virge VLB as I have more spare Virge PCI cards that are not extraordinary in any way so I wouldn't hesitate canibalize it.
Also it would be nice to add some RGB2HDMI converter to connect moderns LCDs witohut analog VGA...

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA