First post, by w0lf42
I want to play MechWarrior 2 Windows 98SE in 800x600 resolution. The problem is that every time I increase the resolution from 640x480 to 800x600 and start moving the mouse, the system crashes. I've installed other games on this system (Diablo II, FreeSpace 3, MDK, MDK2) and none of them have issues with the mouse at any resolution.
MechWarrior 2 Version:
MECHWARRIOR 2: Enhanced for the Diamond Monster 3D
I've attempted to use Microsoft Intellimouse , Logitech MouseWare 18.104.22.168, and no mouse drivers/utilities.
Added these files to my MW2 installation directory. Got them from the Diamond Monster 3D V4.10.01.1600
I created this Batch File. I found these settings on VOGONS Wiki
I've seen (I can't remember were) someone suggesting this batch file (but I haven't used it):
Honestly, I don't really understand what the different settings/commands in the batch file do.
Shuttle AV18E AC18V31
CPU Intel Pentium III EB Coppermine Socket 370 933 MHz
1 x AGP GeForce2 Ultra 64MB (This looks like a generic reference card.)
2 x PCI Creative Labs Voodoo2 12MB (running in SLI)
1 x ISA Yamaha YMF719E-S
1 x PCI Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
1 x Creative Sound Blaster CT4660 Expansion Board
Network / Storage
1 x PCI Linksys 10/100 Etherfast Network Card
1 x PCI Fast Trak 100 Ultra ATA/100 Raid Card (Running in Raid1)
1 x IDE Pioneer DVD-105S DVD-Rom Drive DVD-Rom
1 x IDE Generic 3.5" Floppy Drive
2 x IDE Maxtor Basics 7200RPM ATA/100 160GB Hard Drive