VOGONS

First post, by Spitz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys. So I decided to push the limits little bit further and make some change on my PC specs. I want to use Voodoo 3 2000 AGP in a Mainboard ECS P6ISA-II which has ... weird AGP. OK I now that AGP 1X/2X - 4X-8X-PRO has diffrent slots (inside I mean rows...) but, in the manual is stated that this mobo is AGP 4x (is it AGP 2.0??) and no more informations about it.. nothing about 1.5v or 3.3v BUT the look of the slot isn't right... from what I can see the row is complete without parting - is there chance that it is an AGP Uni 1.5/3.3v? V3 will stick into it without any problem, but I don't want to fry anything... What do You think? Attacment: AGP pictures, picture of V3 (1.0 AGP?) and AGP slot that I own.

Attachments

• Kompatybilnosc_AGP_PL.png
    Filename
    Kompatybilnosc_AGP_PL.png
    File size
    24.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • 1.jpg
    Filename
    1.jpg
    File size
    73.61 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Well... I miss 80/90s ... End of story

Reply 2 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only AGP 2.0 (or AGP 4x/'universal' slotted AGP ports) that I know of that should not be compatible with AGP 2x cards, are the early Pentium 4 Intel chipsets.
I don't know from top of my head whether or not these boards used the slot connector as shown in your uploaded pic as AGP 2x (with a notch inside the slot on the right side which would prevent AGP 2x cards from being mechanically insertable), but as your board is a 815 board and was probably manufactured when P4 was either just released or about to be released.

If the manual has omitted information about the voltages used for its board, this is a bit sloppy imo but this is ECS we're talking about.

Your card should work (theoretically).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!