VOGONS

First post, by nemo1217

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I missed the time that I can set my CRT monitor to 75hz+.
Now finally I have a great modern 144hz 1440p monitor. I share this monitor between my daily driver windows 10 system and my xp retro build.
(x58+GTX670. I know.. it's kind of too new for a XP retro build...)

However, even at low resolution (1280 * 720) the refresh rate is capped at 60hz.
I tried both HDMI and DP port. I also tried multiple driver versions. Still, I can't select anything higher than 60hz under XP.
Does anyone know the solution ? Maybe I should try an AMD card ?

Reply 1 of 2, by Laser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

use the xp 340.52 drivers, these ones are the best for kepler and older cards and allow you create custom resolutions
and use DP connection because HDMI is very lame and restricted in winxp
btw,

instead DP if your monitor have DVI connection use it, it will allow 144hz, DP max refresh rate in winxp is 120hz, there is a limitation somewhere in nvidia drivers or so

Reply 2 of 2, by nemo1217

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Laser wrote on 2021-01-25, 08:59:
use the xp 340.52 drivers, these ones are the best for kepler and older cards and allow you create custom resolutions and use D […]
Show full quote

use the xp 340.52 drivers, these ones are the best for kepler and older cards and allow you create custom resolutions
and use DP connection because HDMI is very lame and restricted in winxp
btw,

instead DP if your monitor have DVI connection use it, it will allow 144hz, DP max refresh rate in winxp is 120hz, there is a limitation somewhere in nvidia drivers or so

Forgot to thank you. Thanks for the info 😀 !