VOGONS

First post, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So dear Vogoners,
I am just approaching to another 3D Blaster Voodoo2 8MB card.

I have other one from Diamond (Monster 3D II) 8MB.

Can I run them in SLI mode?

I have two old system, but I think I will put on the second one, most recent and with a CPU more powerful:

system one:
AMD K6-2+ 450MHZ
64MB EDO RAM
ASUS P55T2P4 motherboard (Intel 430HX)

system two:
Intel P3 Coppermine 1GHZ
512MB RAM
ASUS CUV266

What do you think?

There is an hint to make them work in SLI even if they are from differents producers?

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 1 of 2, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Post moved

Please try to avoid necrobumping really old threads if you have an unrelated question and/or nothing to contribute to that thread. I've split your post into a separate thread.

Regarding your question, there is something called FastVoodoo drivers, they work with SLI on mismatched cards.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 2, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote on 2021-02-07, 11:10:

Post moved

Please try to avoid necrobumping really old threads if you have an unrelated question and/or nothing to contribute to that thread. I've split your post into a separate thread.

Regarding your question, there is something called FastVoodoo drivers, they work with SLI on mismatched cards.

So sorry, I was thinking asking that question jn that 3dfx voodoo2 thread was the correct move.

Sorry if not.

Thanks for the reply, I am really happy about that so I will finally try the first SLI system that history made, with a nice p3 coppermine 1ghz.

Like I saw the interesting review about 3dfx scaling in various systems, I see that a p3 1ghz is perfect to correctly push the power out from a SLI system of 3dfx voodoo2.

Perfect, So finally I found the perfect video configuration of that system, a nice 2D AGP card and a SLI configuration of Voodoo2. Wow, can't wait to play and finish Unreal on this system.

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.