VOGONS

First post, by breadbored

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! First post here. This place is fantastic and I found myself glued so I figured I join up!

Anyway, I saw a PhilsComputerLab YouTube video where he was able to get a pcie radeon board working with a core 2 duo for windows 98 using a few tweaks. It got me excited because I have a friend who is offering me the Asus P5KPL-AM SE mother board for free. I have an asus x850 xt pe that on paper is nearly identical to the Radeon but I'm worried that the Catalyst 6.2 drivers may not work for my card. Is there any chance that that wouldn't work? They are using the same chipset I assume. I'm gonna try it anyway but does anyone know off hand if asus might have tried to disable alternate distributors driver compatibility?
Thank you in advance for any help of tips!

Reply 1 of 3, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's a chance you need to add a new PCI ID to the driver INFs but that should be the only obstacle.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 3 of 3, by breadbored

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As a follow up the asus extremex850 works perfectly with the motherboard using catalyst 6.2. They're probably the same thing but one is less expensive. This is my first time seeing alot of these games outside of a low res crt. Its pretty great. The speed and power is comical.