VOGONS

First post, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not much else to add. I've been searching for a couple days now (not continuously, obviously) and this card was supposed to be an even more severely bottlenecked GF2 MX200 (32-bit memory bus SDR afaict).
Now apart from the, shall we say, somewhat more severely limited usability of such a card, I'm wondering if such a card even existed at all.
Interest in GF2 MX200 has never been very high anyway, so there doesn't seem to be much to go on regarding any information about this hypothetical card.

Personally I assume it doesn't exist (in that it was simply never made, just specified as a possibility by either NVidia or a card maker), but I'd like to know for sure of course 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 7, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On CEBIT 2001 was presented https://pctuning.tyden.cz/hardware/graficke-k … -nvidia?start=5, here was listed (but sticker say GF2 MX 32MB?) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Adapter-nVi … 0/dp/B009SFGQSI

Reply 5 of 7, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ydee wrote on 2021-02-16, 14:57:

Quite sure the card pictured on amazon is 128 bit, perhaps a typo. Even the pic from pctuning looks like a full configuration.

Reply 6 of 7, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

that amazon listing is probably a dud and refers to the regular GF2 MX, if you go to m-ware's site directly it is listed as such there... 32MB != 32bit memory interface
the cebit image might show one, but maybe it was never released?

edit: the article actually says that, google translate:

GeForce MX-100 (120 / 143MHz 32bit DDR), which was seen only at the Cebit 2001 exhibition, but never got on the counters - apparently none of the manufacturers had enough courage 😀

the other posts are just assumptions, so there has yet to be one actually sighted x3

Reply 7 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It could be that the Cebit 2001 GF2 MX100 was just a mockup?

My guess is that perhaps no card manufacturer wanted to build these cards and at the very best produced a GF2 MX200 with MX100 performance, in a similar fashion to how not all MX400 and MX440 cards were created equal. Better to build a MX100 and name it MX200 then to try and sell it as a MX100.
So there might be some out there, but perhaps not using their originally designated MX100 name but as a 'fake' MX200. Or at least that would be my guess if this card exists at all.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!