VOGONS

First post, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I need to recover the already mentioned in the title GPU, if anybody has the same card i would appreciate a lot if you could dump the PINS and upload them here.

The procedure is actually pretty easy, use the attached program and at the end it will ask you if you want to save a txt file, those are the pins, if the GPU is the main one just run the program, if it's in a secondary slot use the command MXINFO -DEAD.

Attachments

• Filename
    MXINFO.EXE
    File size
    37.77 KiB
    Downloads
    43 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 2 of 6, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote on 2021-05-18, 17:23:

Here's a site with a collection of pins.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040110103309/ht … .pl/gbm/matrox/

In depth -> dead bios recovery

I know, there's no PCI version though, i took the gamble and ended up using the AGP version of my card, it worked.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png

Reply 3 of 6, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I might have the card you are looking for, though it's not clear to me what PINS dump is supposed to be and how it could be used to recover a card, afaik it's not a BIOS dump.

Could you elaborate more about PINS data and how can it be used?

Reply 4 of 6, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SSTV2 wrote on 2021-05-20, 16:52:

I might have the card you are looking for, though it's not clear to me what PINS dump is supposed to be and how it could be used to recover a card, afaik it's not a BIOS dump.

Could you elaborate more about PINS data and how can it be used?

Pins are like the ID for the GPU (it's a simple txt file with clock speed, amount of ram etc.), if it doesn't correspond to the BIOS or gets corrupted the GPU will misbehave, apparently this happened a lot with G100\200\400, i took the gamble and used the same version of my card but AGP for the pins, it ended up working perfectly but i would like to have the BIOS and PINS from your PCI version, it's actually impossible to find online.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png

Reply 5 of 6, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Attaching a zip file that contains G200 PCI BIOS ver. 1.1 (04/10/99) + PINS data dump in .txt and .bin formats.

I also have a Matrox Millennium G450 Dualhead PCI card, which could be labelled as "misbehaving", it works perfectly in some motherboards and in others - refuses to work completely. I'm currently using a slower G200 in Compaq Prolinea 1600 server PC (it has no AGP) and it so happens that G450 plays dead in it.

Could such weird behavior be attributed to the corrupted PINS data in its BIOS? This whole PINS data corruption issue with Matrox cards is new to me.

g200pci.png
Filename
g200pci.png
File size
11.99 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Filename
G200_PCI_BIOS-PINS.zip
File size
18.27 KiB
Downloads
57 downloads
File license
Public domain

Reply 6 of 6, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes it's possible, if a part of the structure of the pins gets corrupted then the GPU will not be recognized, it could also be the motherboard itself though.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png