VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am trying to overcome an issue and not sure if there is a good solution. I have a P4 Win98 SE machine I have built. It has a GeForce 3 in the AGP slot and a Voodoo 3 in the pci slot. I have been reading that this is a doable configuration. However, the issue I am running into is that when both cards are plugged into my VGA switch, and I boot with PCI selected in the bios, the Voodoo card defaults to 640x480 with no otheroption to select. When booting from the AGP card the resolution selection works as normal. I have the AGP card disabled in the hardware profile when booting with the Voodoo.

Am I missing a step somewhere or did I do something wrong in the process?

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you install the monitor for the voodoo? i.e. it's not stuck on "standard VGA" and you've at least got PnP monitor or standard SVGA showing.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-09-19, 19:35:

Did you install the monitor for the voodoo? i.e. it's not stuck on "standard VGA" and you've at least got PnP monitor or standard SVGA showing.

The Default Monitor is installed. It will work on its own without a monitor cable plugged into the AGP slot so it must have something to do with both cards receiving a signal of some sort at the same time maybe?