VOGONS

First post, by PC Building Yoshi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've installed MSI Afterburner on my Windows XP Machine with an XFX GeForce 660 to see if it's possible to overclock it. But whenever I open the MSI Afterburner File so I can undo the overclocks, the Video Signal glitches out for a second, and then turns off the video all together.

How can I Undo the overclocks? Can I just uninstall MSI Afterburner and that'll undo the overclocks?

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium III.
FSB: 100MHz.
Core : 800MHz.

GPU: XFX GeForce 6600.
VRAM: 256MB. Bus: AGP 4x.
Model Number: PV-T43K-UDF3

Motherboard: Intel D815EEA

Ram: 128MB (Between 2, PC100 Sticks)

Edit: The video Signal gets turned off when opening anything related to graphics rendering. Including GPU-Z's rendering test. Please help me out, anybody. this behavior is stressing me out and it's making me think this GPU is done for ...

Edit 2: Found out that the video signal glitches out only after a few seconds after Windows started up... How can I fox this?

Edit 3: https://www.tiktok.com/@minecraftbeach1/video … 101425462904325 This is my Tik Tok video where you can see what the glitches look like.

Reply 2 of 3, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not clear on what your problem is exactly...

1) You accidentally setup MSI Afterburner to apply overclocks when Windows boots, so now your video drops out every time? If so then how about starting in safe mode and then turn off MSI Afterburner or remove it?

2) Video card is screwing up even without MSI Afterburner? Maybe try some different video driver versions, and install chipset drivers if you didn't already.

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad

Reply 3 of 3, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think he has a glitches in 2D and a signal off in 3D (maybe the wrong setting in MSI AB?). He can try removing the graphics adapter in Device Manager and reinstall after restart, then the problem should disappear if the card is OK.