VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wanted to see your photos of this component, on ,mine is burnt located Q522. Located on backside lower down next to VRAM heatsink, in VRM section.
I know this is combined P and N channel mosfet IC but I need to know the full marking so I can cross reference and use compatible IC.

Here's this photo:

Attachments

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 3, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/v … ROHM/SP8J5.html

here is the data sheet:

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 2 of 3, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pentiumspeed wrote on 2022-03-03, 22:25:
Wanted to see your photos of this component, on ,mine is burnt located Q522. Located on backside lower down next to VRAM heats […]
Show full quote

Wanted to see your photos of this component, on ,mine is burnt located Q522. Located on backside lower down next to VRAM heatsink, in VRM section.
I know this is combined P and N channel mosfet IC but I need to know the full marking so I can cross reference and use compatible IC.

Here's this photo:

Hmmm looks like the kind of failure that sends 12v where it doesnt belong, pretty sure you'll be replacing far more than just this Mosfet.

Just hope it didn't send 12v to the GPU core.

Reply 3 of 3, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember replacing a voltage regulator on an old AM3+ board with an exact duplicate and it booted up for a few minutes while the part got hot as hell (there was something in the board shorting it out and replacing it just meant it would blow up again).

I wonder if the leg that got hot enough to discolor and bubble up is shorting to something?

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software