VOGONS

Reply 40 of 49, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Flashing BIOS with slower clocks didn't seem to do anything.

Same stripes, might even be in the same spots.

That leaves either a bad RAM chip, or... maybe, bad capacitors?

Last edited by kitten.may.cry on 2022-05-19, 17:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 42 of 49, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2022-05-19, 17:48:

That would be my conclusion, with much heavier weight towards bad RAM.

Can you expand a bit on the personal message I sent?

Reply 43 of 49, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, sorry to say but while the flash was successfull the card seems to have hardware issues. It's most likely actually bad RAM. There's a slight chance unstable voltages cause RAM to glitch but I think it's not realistic because glitches on the GPU should appear much earlier in this case.
Also electrical issues like broken solder joints can cause those problems but please don't try baking your card. It is much more likely to be bad RAM and baking a card to fix actual solder joints is likely to damage the card because of how slow a regular oven will heat the card.

It's best to go and see if you can't find somebody to swap the chips for you.

Reply 44 of 49, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2022-05-19, 18:39:

Yes, sorry to say but while the flash was successfull the card seems to have hardware issues. It's most likely actually bad RAM. There's a slight chance unstable voltages cause RAM to glitch but I think it's not realistic because glitches on the GPU should appear much earlier in this case.
Also electrical issues like broken solder joints can cause those problems but please don't try baking your card. It is much more likely to be bad RAM and baking a card to fix actual solder joints is likely to damage the card because of how slow a regular oven will heat the card.

It's best to go and see if you can't find somebody to swap the chips for you.

I've asked paradigital to look at the connected vias on the back, and no, I won't bake anything.

Reply 46 of 49, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2022-05-19, 18:53:

My last PM appears to be stuck in my outbox (perhaps your inbox is full?)

Either way, I'll await pictures 😀

@Tiido fixed it, there was indeed a bridge, I carefully removed it with some flux and hot iron, artifacts gone.

https://imgur.com/a/ltIpZlH

Reply 49 of 49, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Small update for those, who were wondering: I just ran 3DMark 2000, 3076 3D marks, everything is absolutely fine with the card.

Overclocking soon? PauseChamp