VOGONS

First post, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone out there have the drivers/software for one of these things? The only software I can find on-line (archive.org and a couple of other sights) is for the NTSC version, which is not terribly useful because mine is PAL. I'm assuming there was a dedicated PAL version of the software because it was reviewed in a UK magazine so they must have managed to get it working.

Really annoying, especially after spending most of the morning tearing the place apart trying to find a cable that I could use to connect a video source to it.

Come to think of it, a scan of the documentation might help as well but from what I can tell setting this device up is pretty self explanatory.

Attachments

• snappy-v3.jpg
    Filename
    snappy-v3.jpg
    File size
    36.15 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Snappy V3 - PAL
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine was ntsc and burned it up hot swapping the ntsc cable to it while working.

Really stupid the devices aren’t load limited and protected, not sure if I kept the rather minimalist documentation after it blew

Reply 2 of 2, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did manage to find the software for it myself. Still can't get any kind of video signal into it though, three machines two operating systems and a couple of VCRs/cameras and a whole lot of swearing later and still all I get is snow. Ah well, it's something to keep me occupied until the next bit of weirdness shows up to grab my attention.