VOGONS

Reply 40 of 40, by DoZator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A curious historical document that provides various examples of using DVI Dual-Link, for example:

METBEK4_o.PNG

As you can see, Dual-Link already worked in driver 53.03. Although at the beginning of this document, the driver version is mentioned as " 61.76 (IBM)". It turns out that it was some specific version of the driver, specially modified by IBM employees? Where can I download it today (I would like to see how it differs from the reference version from nVidia)? But in the 77.72 driver, support for this monitor has already been officially announced (It is possible that nVidia further implemented IBM employees ' developments in 77.72 or filed it itself). But I still believe more that the key to solving this whole story can be found in this very small box (Between the video card and the monitor), or rather in its EDID. Obviously, it is in it that something clearly indicates to the old video card that it is necessary to switch to Dual-Link mode (After all, the image should appear even before loading any driver, in normal conditions, even at the BIOS stage). If you take this EDID and modify it in a special way (For the actual capabilities of a modern monitor), you may get something useful (or maybe not).